Quote of the Day

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Now I Am Truly Amused

Trending on Facebook is Nancy Sinatra's response to the possibility that her dad's song My Way would be performed for Trump's first dance with his wife Melania at the inauguration ball. While Ms. Sinatra stated that she didn't think her dad would have supported Trump or performed at his inauguration she did remind us of the song's first line: "And now the end is near."

That line seems fitting considering the concern over how a Trump presidency will unfold and also given Sinatra's previous comments, that "DT [Donald Trump] has very bad judgment. It's going to be a rough ride". Personally, I can only hope the end is near for a Trump presidency and not the world as we know it.

In scrolling down to the comments section of that post a contributor suggested that if the song is played for the Trumps it should be the version by the Sex Pistols and not Frank Sinatra. Curiosity grabbed a hold of me and I Googled the Sex Pistols lyrics. I have to agree that this would be more appropriate for Trump. See what you think.

My Way
And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain (Ha ha ha!)
You cunt, I'm not a queer
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
[On] each and every highway
And much, much more than this
I did it my way
Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
But I did .. what I had to do
I'll see it through without devotion
I planned, each chartered course
[By] careful thought along the highway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way
There were times, I'm sure you knew
When there was fuck, fuck fuck else to do
But through it all, when there was doubt
I shot it up, or kicked it out
I faced the wall .. and .. the wall
And did it my way
I've loved in bed last night
I've had my fill, my share of looting
And now, the tears subside
I find it all so amusing
To think, I killed a cat
And may I say .. not in [that] way
"But no, no, not me"
"I did it my way"
For what is a brat, what has he got
When he wears hats [and] he cannot
Say the things he truly thinks
But only the words, not what he feels
The record shows, I've got no clothes
And did it my way
Written by Claude Francois, Marcelo Drumond Nova, Jacques Revaux, Gilles Thibaut • Copyright © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, BMG Rights Management US, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment