Quote of the Day

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Mandatory Drug Testing

Marijuana, both recreational and medical, has been dominating the news lately pushing another mind altering or enhancing (depending on your point of view) substance into a back corner. Over the last couple of weeks cocaine has been has been peaking around that corner. More than just Howard Dean have speculated whether or not the Republican candidate for president is a snow man or just a BOOF*.

After watching and listening to Mr. Sniffles at two debates I became curious about Trump's sinus issues, so I went to the Googles and found several signs of cocaine use that should raise a red flag.

A person snorting coke may have mood swings similar to manic depression, up one minute and down the next. They may seem excited and act more confident and exhibit a greater sense of well-being or sense of worth. They may be more excited sexually and talkative. Their energy will be pumped up and they probably will not have very much appetite for food and will not have a normal sleep pattern.

Trump has certainly brought his sexuality to the fore front lately. I can't comment on his eating habits, but tweeting at 3 o'clock in the morning on a regular basis would indicate an abnormal sleep pattern. It is really the snorting during the debates that have garnered people's attention.

This is all just idle speculation on my part, but it does make me wonder. He may just have a nervous tick, but there is a bipartisan solution to end the speculation. I suggest that all politicians or political wannabes must to submit to a drug test as soon as they throw their hats in the ring.

To get a job as a corporate technical instructor I had to submit to a drug test. To work as a legal consultant for an auto manufacturer I had to take a drug test. To remain in the Florida Air National Guard I had to take a yearly drug test (I stayed until I retired). I think it is only reasonable that a person running for the highest office in the land should have to submit to a drug test.

*cocaine user or just a Burned Out Old Fart

No comments:

Post a Comment