Thursday, October 6, 2016

Breakfast This Morning Was Toast

My bride and I broke fast this morning with a couple of slices of toast ... but not just any toast. We tried a guacalicious recipe that I stumbled upon the other day while Googling avocado recipes.


What I found on-line was a rather labor intensive recipe that I figured would be just as good if it was simplified, so instead of boiling eggs and carving up an avocado to make guacamole I took a few short cuts for my -

Guacamole Toast
(recipe for one)

2 tablespoons of prepared guacamole spread on a slice of toast
1 hard boiled egg, sliced and placed on top of the guac
Drizzle with a couple of teaspoons of EVOO and lemon juice
Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Editor's update: On another occasion I replaced the egg slices with a couple slices of heirloom tomatoes. That might have been better than the egg. Certainly more colorful. 

That toast was so good and so good for us. Here are just five reasons to eat avocado:
  1. Avocados Are Incredibly Nutritious
  2. They Contain More Potassium Than Bananas. ...
  3. Avocados Are Loaded With Heart-Healthy Monounsaturated Fatty Acids
  4. Avocados Are Loaded With Fiber
  5. Eating Avocados Can Lower Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels

3 comments:

  1. The daughter came home with an abundance of ripe avocados. I can see this toast in my very near future. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of Olivia, we saw her picture in the Times the other day. She is famous and vicariously, so are you. Hope you are well.

      Delete
  2. Very well, thank you. Olivia went to bridal fair today, I need to sell a kidney. She has dreams of grandeur, I see I'm in trouble. Her fiance is head chef at Three Birds.

    ReplyDelete