Monday, November 16, 2015

Kon'nichiwa To Osaka Sushi And Thai

My bride and I moved to the beach a year ago this month. For most all of that year we have driven past Osaka Sushi and Thai on Park Boulevard in Seminole. With each drive-by we were presented with a sign reading OPENING SOON. How soon we wondered? It certainly wasn't a Japanese "soon" since that means right freakin' now. We decided it had to be a GTE soon, something we learned as employees of that now defunct company. For non-company employees, that means, Get To-it Eventually.

Osaka finally opened a few weeks ago. Since they made us wait for them, we decided to ignore them for a few weeks as payback. Last night, I could wait no longer. So we wandered in a little after their 5 o'clock dinner opening and were promptly seated. We had seen the school cafeteria tables and chairs on-line, so we asked for a booth and were graciously guided to a comfy one just past the sushi bar.

Pat was our most delightful and charming server who brought menus and inquired of our beverage requirements. Beer for my bride and a bottle of cold sake for me, onegai. You'd be surprised at the smiles received when a few words of Japanese are spoken ... even poorly. Of course, if you get a funny look or a blank stare you might want to stick with English.

I had hoped for the sea urchin, but they were out of this delicacy. No surprise there as that delight sells out quickly and is hard to find. Maybe next time. Instead, I chose the BBQ Squid as my appetizer, and I can heartily recommend this tasty, albeit chewy, treat for the taste buds. This grilled whole marinated squid was served with a savory wasabi mayo sauce.


My bride decided to dine on the Ramen Noodle Stir Fry with chicken. These stir fried egg noodles were cooked Japanese style with green cabbage, broccoli, carrots, and dry seaweed.


This was a large serving of flavorful noodles and veggies that required a take-home box. The leftovers made a superb breakfast for me the following morning.

I just go quackers over aquatic fowl and Osaka had a crispy duck dish that screamed my name: Duck Rock & Roll. This duck dish was adorned with steamed mixed vegetables topped with a choice of sauce; garlic, ginger, basil, chili, sweet and sour, Panang, or red curry. I chose the garlic and this Thai style dish was one of the best I have ever devoured.


There were so many more Japanese, Thai, and sushi items on the Osaka menu that simply titillate my taste buds and cause me to envision many a return visit. The prices are very reasonable with food and adult beverages running at $67.70. We exceeded a 20% gratuity for Pat since she provided extraordinary service.

Arigato, Pat and Osaka.

Osaka Sushi & Thai Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Post a Comment