Quote of the Day

Monday, September 14, 2015

Home Cooked Asian Dinner

We didn't feel like dining out last night and since I had thawed out a pork tenderloin, my bride and I decided to dine in. I channeled my great-great-great Asian grandmother and got her recipe for my great-great-great Asian grandfather's favorite dish. Grannie seemed more than a little surprised that I dropped in on her since, as she pointed out, my heritage is actually German.

She was kind enough to give me the recipe anyway with the admonition, "Don't be buggin' me ever again, dummkopf."

 Asian Pork Tenderloin

  1 1/2          pound  pork tenderloin
  1               teaspoon  sea salt
  1               teaspoon  black pepper
  1               tablespoon  all-purpose flour -- for dusting pork
  2               tablespoons  peanut oil
  1               cup  Asian soy salad dressing

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Trim any excess fat from pork and pat dry with a paper towel.

Season with salt and pepper.

Dust with flour, shaking off any excess.

In a large oven proof skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of peanut oil over medium-high heat.

Sear the pork in the oil, rotating to brown evenly all sides.

Remove skillet from the heat and pour the dressing evenly over the tenderloin, rolling the meat to coat on all sides. Cover with aluminum foil.

Bake, covered, in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in the center.

Start to Finish Time: 1:00
                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Several prepared salad dressings are available at your local super market. I use Ken's Steakhouse Lite Asian Sesame with Ginger & Soy, primarily because that is the only one carried by the local W.D and it's similar to Grannie's recipe.

I layered the pork on top of a mound of jasmine rice surrounded by mixed Oriental veggies.

Buen provecho, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment