Quote of the Day

Friday, January 30, 2015

Bean To Lima

Due to a family event I once again found myself in the land of the Limas, Ohio's answer to Pennsylvania's dreary Erie. My bride's Dad turned 90, which says a lot for clean living and an occasional Bible thump. To celebrate this milestone, my bride and I, with our sister, and daughter braved the bitter cold and flew north.

One of the major downsides to a trip to Lima is finding a reasonably decent place to eat that serves medicinal alcoholic beverages and doesn't have macabre naked little dolls peering down on you from their creepy perches in the dining area. One such dining spot that we enjoyed on our last visit was the Texas Roadhouse. On this visit the place was packed and the waiting line was backed up to our wapakenetas, or some such, so we had to find an alternate gastronomic gem. Yeah, I know.

As luck would have it, just down the street we discovered the Lock Sixteen Steakhouse. Apparently we were among the few who had discovered the Lock because we wandered in without reservations and were promptly seated. Menus were presented and adult beverages were served.

The table shared an appetizer of Bacon Wrapped Shrimp. These shrimp were baked to crispy bacon perfection with a side of honey mustard sauce for dipping. I ate tails and all since the tails had a nice crunch and they have a whole lot of flavor.


The house salads were surprisingly good ... fresh, and crisp with a sprinkling of craisins.


Several at our table enjoyed the Charbroiled Prime Rib with savory au jus. Mine was prepared to a perfect medium rare and was mostly tender throughout.


My bride had the Chopped Sirloin with onion rings, and hold the 'shrooms, plus a side of Mac 'n' Cheese. There was also an included bowl of smashed taters. Said she of her meal, "I'm pleased."


The service at Lock Sixteen was efficient, the prices were reasonable, and the food was adequate. I can't say I would go all the way to Lima to dine there, but it sure was better than being weirded out at a kewpee doodle.

Lock Sixteen Steakhouse on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment