Monday, December 22, 2014

Buon Appetito From Indian Rocks

My bride and I have been giving the restaurants on Gulf Boulevard a go lately since, until yesterday, we had not made it to a grocery to fill our ice box and larder. Moving has been a molto grande distraction.

Our latest dining adventure was at Villa Gallace, a dandy Italian restaurant overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway at 109 Gulf Boulevard. We had early reservations and were seated in a timely fashion. Our most professional server for the evening was the delightfully knowledgeable, Sasha.

That is not the proper spelling of his name, but that is how it is pronounced ... so there.

Sasha brought us two splits of Prosecco to enjoy while absorbing the menu. He also explained the specials of the evening. I only remember one because that special was so enticing: The Bone-in Veal Chop bathed in a mushroom and Marsala wine sauce. I had to have that chop, and I did have it con molto piacere. That chop was prepared a perfect medium rare and was so tender and juicy I pert near quivered in ecstasy while moaning with gastronomic abandon.


The Belle of the Boulevard was not quite as demonstrative while enjoying her superb Eggplant Parmigiana, but it was obvious that this dish did not disappoint her buds of taste.


I was really looking forward to trying the Villa's Spicy Puttanesca, but there was no way my taste receptors were going to pass up the veal chop, so a return trip is definitely in my future.

To accompany our dinner choices, my bride and I shared a bottle of Centine, a Super Tuscan with full body and soft and silky tannins.

Dinner for two with wine and gratuity came to a little under $150.

Villa Gallace Italian on Urbanspoon

2 comments: