Thursday, November 13, 2014

Ho, Hum, I Think I'm Done ... D-U-N, Done!

We have put the physical home of the SOG City Oracle up for sale, and hope to be out before Christmas. After thirty years living in the paradise that is south of Gandy, my bride and I have decided to embark on a different journey through life together.

I have no idea what will become of the Oracle ... for now, nothing. I will leave it up with the wish that it will continue to guide diners to worthwhile gastronomic venues. In the future I may rename the Oracle to reflect our new stately pleasure-dome where Alph, the sacred river, ran through caverns measureless to man down to a sunny sea.

My apologies to Coleridge for changing his sea, but he must have been puffing on the grumpy opium pipe when he wrote Xanadu. Personally, I prefer the happy poppies with a sunny beach, but that's just me.

So, sunny beaches, y'all.


9 comments:

  1. Jon:

    For God's sake, man!! Don't just run off to the Pogofenokee Swamp and leave me hanging. You're the only sane friend I have east of the Chattahoochee River! I know "time waits for no man and damn few women" but you just have to stay in touch and keep things humming. As always, my best wishes to you and the Belle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to worry, Bill, we aren't going swamping. We rented a condo on the beach, so we are going to be beachers not frog giggers...though I do love them frog legs. And, you are the only friend I have in Texas, sane or otherwise. I'll keep you posted.

      Delete
  2. The beach is good, but we do hope you keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Stogie...always good to hear from you. I haven't decided about blogging yet. I just know I won't be doing much of it until after we get settled in. We have over thirty years of "stuff" we have to deal with for this move.

      Delete
  3. Squeeee! Hiya, neighbor! You may stop blogging (although I doubt that), but the dining has just begun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi right back to you, neighbor. I just hope we are not too far away for you and UD to come over for adult beverages and maybe some munchies from time to time.

      I truly know what you mean by the dining has just begun. The fantastic GB restos is one of the reasons we wanted to move there...well, that and you and UD.

      Delete
  4. Jon, whether writing about politics, music or gastronomy, the SOG City Oracle was always, well, oracular! You've also been informative, witty and entertaining. I hope that you and your bride find much happiness wherever you land, and that you revive your blog before too long. If you ever plan a trip to NYC, be sure to contact me through my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff,

      Thanks for the kind words. Lydia has been wanting to visit NYC for the longest. This is something we will definitely consider after we get settled in to our new home. We will give you a holler. It would be a real pleasure to meet you face to face.

      Delete
  5. Hoorah, welcome to the Gulf Beaches!!!!

    ReplyDelete