A single-party state is a type of party system government in which a single political party forms the government and no other parties are permitted to run candidates for election. Some single party states only outlaw opposition parties, while allowing subordinate allied parties to exist as part of a permanent coalition such as a popular front.
Regardless of your party affiliation, if you think that is a good idea you are in for a horribly rude awakening. How rude, you may ask? Why don't you ask the people in these single-party state countries:
Current single-party states:
1) People's Republic of China (Communist Party of China): 1949-present
2) Cuba (Communist Party of Cuba): 1959-present
3) Eritrea (People's Front for Democracy and Justice): 1993-present
4) North Korea (Korean Worker's Party): 1948-present
5) Laos (Lao People's Revolutionary Party): 1975-present
6) Syria (Baath Party): 1963-present
7) Turkmenistan (Democratic Party of Turkmenistan): 1991-present
8) Vietnam (Communist Party of Vietnam): 1976-present
A future single-party state:
9) United States of America (Republican Party of Oligarchs: 2014 and beyond
Before the Republican voters get their bloomers in a bunch, a single party controlled by the Democrats would be just as disastrous for America.