Friday, January 10, 2014

Breakfast From The Garden

While strolling through the SOG City garden this morning, I spied little splashes of red peeping out from under the greenery. My, my, spaketh I, bon jour my little radis petit déjeuner. The first of my fall crop of French breakfast radishes appeared ready for harvest, so I plucked a dozen or so from the ground.



These crunchy, earthy, slightly spicy little delights are often served in classic French style - uncooked, trimmed top and bottom and halved lengthwise with a little salt and a generous dollop of butter alongside. That is how I consumed them this morning.



How nice it is to be able to harvest breakfast instead of having to cook it; although, when I harvest again I think I will saute these little beauties in some butter - another classic preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment