Quote of the Day

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Now That's A Breakfast!

It seems like it was just yesterday...actually, it was just yesterday...that my Georgia bloggy friend Rebekah of Some Kinda Good posted an inspiring article entitled Breakfast Locally Inspired. Rebekah used locally sourced ingredients to create a most delicious looking breakfast that featured...bacon. Everybody knows that everything is better with bacon, so you just know Rebekah's breakfast creation has to be good. Visit her blog and try it yourself. Rebekah is a talented cook and an exceptional writer.

Now, let's get back to me. I mean, come on, this piece should be all about me. Right?

Personally, breakfast is not my most favorite meal, especially the stuff we typically eat in this country. I am reminded of that Jimmy Dean commercial with the sun and the guy with a big box of cereal. The sun asks, "Where's the eggs, where's the sausage, where's the potatoes...where's the cholesterol?" Truthfully, I added that cholesterol part, but it should have been part of that dialog. That's my thought anyway. They should work on their grammar, too.

Up until yesterday, the best breakfast I can ever remember having was in Singapore a number of years ago. That breakfast consisted of a little meat, lots of veggies, and a savory broth with noodles. It was similar to a pho, but a little lighter. That was then, and this is now. I found my new favorite breakfast (sorry Rebekah) while watching a Cooking Channel program, David Rocco's Amalfi Getaway.

I tried this absolutely fabulous Italian breakfast just this morning, and I have to tell you that those Italians know how to eat. Here is David's recipe for:





Pane Zucchero Vino

(for six servings)

6 thick slices of bread
1 cup of a really good Italian red wine
1/4 cup of sugar

Drizzle your bread with the wine, and then sprinkle evenly with the sugar.







Now, that is the breakfast of champions!


2 comments:

  1. Ha, ha!! I am just now seeing this Jon! Wine with bread and sugar, for breakfast? I don't know about that, but there's no time like the present. I guess it's never too early to break out the wine. I think I'll stick to the french toast and bacon though.

    And just a friendly reminder, it's Some K-I-N-D-A Good, not Kind Of. ;) As always, thank you for your kind words and for the plug!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sincerest apologies, Rebekah. I know that sometimes my grammar kinda sucks. I'll try to do better. I think I corrected all of my errors...even the tags. If you see me messing up again I guess you are going to have to come down here and whoop my butt.

    Thank you for visiting the Oracle and for your comment.

    ReplyDelete