Peanut butter was among the first recipes that came from Carver's research. A staple item in many homes, peanut butter is also a key ingredient in recipes for cookies, sauces, desserts and more.
Did you know:
- Peanuts are the #1 snack nut consumed in the U.S.
- It takes approximately 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
- On average, Americans consume more than 6 pounds of peanuts and peanut butter each year
- Most women and children prefer creamy peanut butter while men prefer crunchy
- Peanuts have more protein than any other snack nut
- "Goober," the peanut's nickname, comes from the Congo language for peanut, "nguba"