Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Froggin' With Jack

One of my all time favorite foods is frog. I love those tasty legs fried or sauteed; French style, Southern style, and especially the Thai style I had the other night at Rouen Thai. I have a dandy recipe for deep fried frog legs cooked at home whenever I can find those tasty treats at the grocery.

Many, many years ago I tried gigging for frogs. If memory serves, I didn't have much luck stabbing those little hoppers with a spear at the end of a long pole.

But wait!

I just discovered a better way of acquiring frog thanks to my bride, the Belle of Ballast Point and her morning email. She is just so good to me!



I'll be heading out to the pond right after a quick stop at the local ABC Liquor emporium.

Actually, if the heavy downpours we are experiencing here in Tampa today don't let up soon, I can just wait at the door for the pond to come to me. And, if it doesn't; well, I'll have my buddy Jack to console me.



2 comments:

  1. Jon, if I can stop laughing long enough, I'm sure I can come up with something important to say; but don't count on it. That snake story is an absolute classic! Thank you for a funny Tuesday morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, everything you say is important. I hang on your every word.

      Always good to hear from you, my friend.

      Delete