Quote of the Day

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sizzlin' In The Kitchen

The older I get it seems the more jaded I become. Things that excited me during my unbridled  days of yore are now somewhat platitudinous. Now, in my halcyon days, I still thrill at two entities: my life with my bride, the Belle of Ballast point, and food - glorious food. Thankfully, the Belle is equally enamored with food; the eating of, but not the cooking of food.

As consequence the task of chef de cuisine has become mine. That is not a bad thing since I learned long ago that food is too valuable to be left in the hands of a woman. Besides, they have bigger fish to fry, so to speak. They need to be going out into the lands to fix the things that need to be fixed. Personally, I don't think the male of the human species has been doing a really good job.

While the Belle is going out to "set things a-right" I have assumed the manly man task of chefing. To stay current on proper food preparation and presentation I tune into the Food and Cooking channels to hone my culinary skills.

Giada DeLaurentis and her...uh, culinary attributes certainly captured my attention, and the same can be said for Laura Calder and her magnificent...uh, talents with French food at home. I tried to enjoy Sandra Lee's bountiful presentations, but she comes off like her audience is a bunch of third graders. She reminds me of Mrs. Tuggle, my third grade teacher,  who also was quite impressive.

I am beginning to think my train has jumped the tracks, so allow me to compose myself.

Alright, I am better now.

I have recently discovered an amazing Cooking Channel personality who just knocks my socks off. Nadia G is not only a bitchin' kitchen talent, but she is so funny and so versatile on many different levels. She cooks, she sings, she is a fashonista, and is starting her own home improvement show.

I am a fan!


To learn more about Nadia G click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment