Dear MoveOn member,
Radio shows that spew hate, bigotry, and misogyny are truly un-American. They should not be advertised or broadcast on Armed Forces Radio.
By broadcasting shows like Rush Limbaugh on Armed Forces Radio, there is an implied "stamp of approval" for the content, which is the wrong message to send to impressionable young minds. Our young soldiers should not be exposed to that vileness.
That's why I created a petition on SignOn.org to Congress and President Barack Obama urging them to take Rush Limbaugh off of Armed Forces Radio.
Click here to add your name to this petition, and then pass it along to your friends.
A couple of things (well, several):
- I think the Fat Bastard of Palm Beach, Rush Limbaugh, is as sorry an excuse for a human that this Earth has ever seen.
- The 1st Amendment to our Constitution guarantees this piece of garbage the right to spew his brain droppings far and wide - even over Armed Forces Radio.
- To present fair and balanced content AFR should continue to broadcast material that reflects centrist as well as liberal and conservative view points.
- The "stamp of approval" can be implied both ways, so which message is the right message for the individual listener?
- If it is wrong for our young soldiers to be exposed to "vileness", then why are we sending them off to fight in these vile wars?
- And lastly, if these "impressionable young minds" are incapable of discerning the right or wrong of a message, should we really be putting guns in their hands?